Sunday, February 13, 2011

The World of Design for Kids & More!

Design Dossier: Graphic Design (Design Dossiers)Design Dossier: The World of Design (Design Dossiers)Design Dossier: Architecture (Design Dossiers)
Just recently, I was thinking about design and wondering if there were any books on graphic design for kids. I was so excited to find out about Paintbox Press books in the Design Dossiers series! You can see a sample of the Graphic Design book HERE.

I decided to buy both the Graphic Design book and the World of Design book and waited patiently until they arrived from Amazon.com. Well, they finally arrived and boy have we been soaking them up! The inside of the books say that they will eventually have all of the following titles in the Design Dossiers series for kids:

The World of Design
Fashion
Graphic Design
Architecture
Interior Design
Book Arts
Film & Theater Design
Animation
Product Design
Environmental Design

Does that sound awesome or what?! These books would make such a wonderful addition to any elementary Montessori classroom. and in all honesty, any adult interested in design would love them as well. I know I do! Now my 8 and 7 year olds are going around saying, "Hey, that's a logo!", and trying to design some of their own. I really think these books help to teach observation and critical thinking in a real world setting, along with teaching vocabulary, creative process and an insiders look at what the various design categories involve.

Let me know if you have these books, or if you get them. I'd love to know what you think and how your children are enjoying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!