Saturday, September 19, 2009

Last Saturday of Summer: Farmers Market, Parade, & Urban Farming Harvest Festival

We had a great day yesterday. In the morning we went to the Farmers market and bought apples for our Montessori co-op this week, we also bought flowers so the children could arrange them and put them on our little class altar. We sat on the grass and enjoyed some bluegrass music and tasted some delicious fire baked pizza from an oven brought all the way from Naples Italy!

Later we went to a parade and festival at an art school where my husband teaches. The children enjoyed seeing some old cars turned into garden beds for pumpkins and sunflowers. We even saw a tumbleweed sculpture there. It was pretty cool.

After lunch and naps, we headed out once again for an urban farming harvest festival. We got to enjoy an afternoon hayride underneath clear blue skies dotted with puffy white clouds. It was a lot of fun and later we got to watch a short documentary on our local "farm to table" program. That got the children all worked up about eating the apples we bought at the farmers market earlier that day. It was a really great day, one that we'll surely remember! Thank you Lord Jesus for days like this! The pictures below are snippets from our day. Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. I love your pictures. I wish I lived close to cooler weather & actual fall. I'm a bit jealous..but I'll take your pictures as a compromise...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I have left you a little award on my blog

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!